We started in 1963 as San Rafael Federal Credit Union, and we served a narrow field of membership; you could only join if you were an elected or appointed San Rafael city official, or worked for Marin County.
Since then, we’ve grown and evolved, adding new products and services. A few highlights:
• May 27, 1963 First board meeting
• November 16, 1973 Changed name to Marin Public Employees Federal Credit Union
• November 1973 Merged with Novato Public Employees Federal Credit Union
• September 1992 Changed name to Marin County Federal Credit Union
• August 1999 Community charter granted. A community charter was an important step in our growth. It allowed us to expand our field of membership so we could serve all our friends and neighbors in Marin County, regardless of where they work.
To provide quality, competitive financial products and services in the most convenient manner to our members with knowledgeable and professional staff, while promoting the Credit Union philosophy of “People Helping People”.